A Message from the Tourism Information Center
Just as many others across the country, our local community is currently navigating through very peculiar times. The recent outbreak of the novel-coronavirus (COVID-19) has imposed an awkward, yet restricted way of life within our region prohibiting us from offering the type of experiences we’ve long been recognized for. It’s in our nature to provide a relaxing, free-range tourism destination along with authentic outside experiences and unforgettable local hospitality. But for now, we need to put that on hold. We ask that you continue to care for us from a distance, as our local community looks inward to come together and get through this challenging time.
Since the beginning, Sterling has been the economic hub of Northeast Colorado. Offering a connection to nature, a thriving arts and culture scene, and rich history set in stone over 136 years ago, Sterling and Logan County are proud to offer visitors and residents alike with a relaxing yet unique experience. This experience is further enhanced by our vibrant local business scene, which could now use your help.
Whether you’re a proud member of our vibrant community, a previous visitor, or an aspiring traveler, we’d like to ask for your help in supporting our local business leaders. To make this task even easier, we created this page to act as a resource to help you support local. Below, you can find information pertaining to available restaurants offering takeout/delivery service, regional safety resources, and precautions for those in our region. With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage both our community and the traveling public to follow all guidance offered by the CDC, local, and state public health authorities.
- Colorado Governor Jared Polis enacted a statewide “Stay At Home” order effective Thursday, March 26, 2020. The restriction will remain in place until April 11.
- As we navigate our way through these unprecedented times, we are committed to focus on the safety of our visitors and residents while rising to the challenges that any community is facing right now.
- That is why we are following the lead of the Colorado Tourism Office which is currently advising that now is not the time to vacation in Colorado, even in the rural destinations like Sterling and Logan County.
- Non-essential travel is discouraged at this time, but during a stay-at-home order you are able to:
- Go to the pharmacy to get medication.
- Go to and from work if you are a critical employee.
- Get groceries for you and anyone that lives in your home.
- Take your dog around the block or go for a bike ride -- as long as you are keeping your distance from others.
- Enjoy City and County open spaces.
- Visit a house of worship while practicing social distancing.
- Volunteer to get groceries or run errands for at-risk adults.
- Have a take-out meal or margarita-to-go from your favorite local restaurant.*
Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe. We encourage both our community and the traveling public to follow all guidance offered by the CDC, local and state public health authorities. More information is available here: www.colorado.gov/logan.