Sterling Fun Facts
Did you know?
1. Sterling was named one of the “25 Best Pheasant Hunting Towns in America” by Pheasants Forever magazine.
2. There are 60 acres of parks in the city with walking and biking paths and trails.
3. Sterling is called the “City of Living Trees” for its many tree sculptures by artist, Bradford Rhea.
4. Logan County celebrates one of the most heavily traveled routes across the high plains in the 1800s at the Overland Trail Museum which records the greatest migration of people our country has ever experienced!
5. There are 45 holes of golf in the Sterling area, plus one disc golf course.
6. Sterling is the gateway to the Pawnee Pioneer Trails Scenic & Historic Byway at the east edge of the Pawnee National Grasslands.
7. The reservoir at North Sterling State Park has 3,000 acres of surface area for an array of boating and fishing activities and 141 campsites!
8. The company Wisdom Rides in nearby Merino is one of the nation’s leading makers of carnival rides.
9. There are 20 artistic murals scattered around Sterling.
10. Logan County’s Shooting Sports Complex is one of the few facilities to have a 1,000-yard range.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sterling when it is safe to travel once again. In the meantime, learn more about Sterling, Logan County and the northeast corner of Colorado here >>> Venture to Northeast Colorado.