This Weekend in Logan County
Get your summer started with a Colorado road trip to Sterling and Logan County this Memorial Day Weekend. The weather is going to be perfect (Check it out!) for the variety of outdoor activities just waiting for your arrival. Here are six ideas to get you going.
1. Visit North Sterling State Park and get on the water, quick and easy. North Sterling Boat Charter has boats and floats to rent! You can rent a pontoon, paddleboat, kayak, canoe or fishing boat. They have paddleboards too! While you’re there, check out PJ Marina for all your fun-on-the-water needs.
2. Enjoy a relaxing outing at the Prewitt Reservoir State Wildlife Area. Boating that creates a white water wake is prohibited, but a leisurely float on a kayak is highly encouraged! (Photo by: Dylan Holman)
3. If you're looking to forge your own path, pick up a county map at the Logan County Visitor Center and set out on any of our rural roads. Some are paved, some are gravel, and some are shared with farm equipment. You can find great trails to ride at North Sterling State Park, too.
4. Sterling is known for its many beautiful and immaculate parks as the ideal spots for an impromptu picnic. Grab lunch from a local eatery or pack your own basket and stake a bit of green space to soak in the sunshine or play a game of disc golf.
5. Drop a line in the fishin' hole at the Overland Trail Recreation Area. Take a walk on the path that circles the pond. Head out on the natural path along the adjoining South Platte River. Listen to the songbirds. Watch for Canada geese, deer, beavers, turtles, or an occasional eagle soaring overhead.
6. End the day with a sunset view at the Jumbo Reservoir State Wildlife Area. This is a perfect getaway for hunting, boating, fishing, and camping.
As you plan your trip to Sterling and Logan County:
Skip the Traffic Jams
Are you ready for a Colorado road trip to Sterling? Find a variety of ideas to fill your itinerary. Here you’ll discover a plethora of activities for every level of adventure. And to top it all off, you’ll rarely be caught in a traffic jam or stand in line. It’s what we like to call free-range tourism and we’ve got the space to find your place, no matter the weather!
Ditch the Long Lines
We are open for you to enjoy our culinary culture which includes down-home favorites at the local diners and exquisite cuisine in upscale restaurants. A gigantic scoop of hard ice cream is a favorite at the charming Simkins Parlour and the Hot Spot Smokehouse has some of the best barbecue around. Stop at the Parts & Labor Brewing Company for a selection from their diverse menu and a brew made with locally grown wheat.
Roam Freely and Relax
Accommodations in Sterling and Logan County range from a quaint boutique motel to modern hotels in beautiful settings. Travelers who prefer recreational vehicles or tent camping will feel right at home at our campsite facilities.